Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Claire says:
yeah i got # As, but lost my boyfriend.
keithh. i can dodge bullets baby. says:
you lost your boyfriend a year ago honey. no time for regrets anymore.
Results.
Did you hear about my nightmare the morning of 7th March? Stupid really, when I say it out loud, but the gist was that they lost my scripts, and my grades weren't computed. Whilst everyone was receiving their results slips, I received an official letter (chopped and signed by Cambridge) asking me to re-submit my A level application along with 2 photos of myself. On the piece of paper where everyone's grades were printed, my column was crossed out.
I woke up when my maid came in to wake my little sister up for school. The first thing that came into my mind was "It's a dream." Immediately after, I yelled in my mind, to God, "WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!!!" And as soon as I freaked out, with a less than 1 second interval, God replied, ever so close, ever so bold, ever so strong, ever so calm, "It means, I'm still in charge."
Amazing, really. How it was a voice. I mean, we often speak of how God speaks to us through circumstances, through other people, through His Word... but that morning. It was a voice. A voice.
Spent the afternoon alone, thanking God for His grace. Walked along Raffles City with peace in my heart, a bounce in my steps, a smile on my face.
It was dinner at The Fullerton with the BFFs, treated by the ex-Math tuition teacher (gosh), seafood buffet. It was really really great! Loved the oysters with lemon juice, crayfish, black pepper crab, prawns, cod fish, selection of cheese, and most importantly, the dessert bar, which was awesome to say the least. Walked to Clarke Quay around 10pm, and partied at The Arena (Pure II) till 4am. It was really good, the music was great, dances were great, and it was free-flow housepours. The crowd was just nice (not too cramped and squashed, not too empty) and it was all in all, one of the best nights out.
It's back to another course come Saturday, and this will be the last one for this half of the year. Honestly, I can't wait for it to be over. For now, there're uni apps to be done (I so need to get started), and FTT to pass (it's proving difficult). And as always, work. I want to go on holiday.