Sunday, January 20, 2008
Gossip Girl
Gossip Girl
Gossip Girl
I like (:
I'm not as free as I thought I'd be. That's always the case, isn't it? Got so many things to do, appointments, classes... it's almost a different hectic compared to school. I don't remember falling asleep on Sunday afternoons. :/
Ice Skating with G yesterday and I must say, I'm getting better! Shocked him at how I could balance better than him, and fell more times than him. Bahhh, now the next step is to learn how to spin and glide with one leg up in the air. It's not as simple, though I'm really glad I don't have to hold on to anyone or anything now. But the feeling on ice just after it's resurfaced is priceless, it's like, gliding without any effort. Really amazing, I can't wait to start turning. (:
BBDC has practical lessons booked all the way till May! I am so unwilling to give up my time slots in Feb, but work starts at 8am. I'm really hoping that I can negotiate something so I can go to work late. I can't imagine having to give up my 24th Jan BTT date, the next one's in April and I've been waiting since mid-December.
Speaking of which, I passed BTE in December, which means I've forgotten what most of the signs mean, and that I should go study it again.
And if the office decides that they don't really need me and my mornings-off-on-some-days-please attitude, then it's back to the Job Hunt again, which I am seriously not looking forward to. I didn't know so many people in Singapore read the Recruits, and I've had enough of advertisements that don't publish company names or locations, ie "IMMED POSITIONS. $6-10/hr. Part-time/Full time. Contact XXXXX at XXXX XXXX."
Even Tammie Koh's getting paid more than what I'm expecting to get paid. And Kiku's paid 25cents more than what my minimum is. Haha, I'm beginning to think that $6 is a little low for my education standards, and I should stop talking now before I get something even lower. For all I know I might not get paid, and I don't get a say in it. To quote the parents, "you're looking for the experience, not the money."
Right. Tell that to the five dollars in my wallet. And I need to top up my bus card, yet again. It's been too soon, and tomorrow onwards I'll be travelling to Serangoon, every day.
Yahoo.