Sunday, December 16, 2007
I think I owe you guys and update. Haha. I'm surviving on Kai's laptop (thank you thank you thank you) and it's great cos I'm so amused by Firefox.
Hong Kong was great. I can officially converse in Cantonese, which is really an improvement from a mix of broken chitonese. I can say stuff like 'lei oei sek meh ye' and 'orh gok tak tai dai loh'. Coherent sentences. We toured the Hong Kong island, and spent Wednesday in Macau (I played 4 slot machines, won HK$0.40 (which is about SGD 0.08), and lost HK$80. So brainless.), Thursday and Friday were spent shopping and reached Singapore at midnight. In between went on business meetings with the parents, sitting at the back or looking presentable, and where the meetings were private I'd walk around with Christie, went to HMV to buy the Hairspray soundtrack (zomg finally), and had Dim Sum dinners with friends. Ultimately, it was great experience, I'm impressed by their MRT systems, not impressed by the lack of escalators and cramped, congested, concentrated city centre. I'm quite glad I studied Geog - now I can use terms like 'suburban', 'push and pull factors' and 'high building density'.
So now it's Carolling to plan, followed by the Christmas Party (22nd Dec 07, 7pm) and we've been quite involved in hospitality stuff. At least I'll have something to do. But for now, it's basic theory lessons tomorrow, and kinda sucks when so many people have passed the theory test already and I haven't even started. Wonder why I didn't start earlier. ): Ah.
I want to go shopping. Feel like I didn't buy enough in Hong Kong.