Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Heard a story on Class 95 today, of all random things.
What if I told you to take a grain of sand from the beach, and walk all the way to the top of the highest mountain to deposit it there, and walk back to the same beach? Then when you got back, to take another grain, just that one grain, and walk back to the top of Mt. Everest and put it on the summit, and come back to the beach. When you'd get back, I'd tell you again to take yet another grain and do the same thing.
And when all the grains, of all the beaches, of all the world, have been brought to the highest point of the Earth, one by one...
Yeah man, that's just the beginning of eternity.
The wonder of it all. The beginning of eternity. It's just too much to comprehend, that all I can do is to be struck dumbfounded marvelling at this, this... this... (I don't know.) Just trying to take it all in, melts your heart, speeds up your breaths, as you stretch your arms apart trying to convey the vastness of all that it contains.
WOW. I feel blown away by it all.
Thank you, V. Lo., for helping me put things in perspective. Such a short story, sending off such great waves of impact. I stand amazed.