Monday, August 20, 2007
Totally not looking forward to another week of exams. The suspense, the guilt, the despair. Throw Prelims aside, I've got bigger things to worry about. HAHAHA. I sound like some big business woman. In ten years. I'll become that. And Prelims would seem like an ant. Insignificant. HAH.
Afraid of peaking too soon. What a lousy excuse. Seriously fucking lousy excuse. Because I'm capable of SO MUCH MORE.
I'm the biggest disappointment. Me. Just me. ):
So I put this song on 'repeat' mode, and listened to it on 48 all the way home, from Katong, for 45 minutes. The lyrics were inspirational, but I'm still feeling that familiar guilt, that I'm my own greatest letdown.
Hero by Mariah Carey
There's a hero
If you look inside your heart
You don't have to be afraid
Of what you are
There's an answer
If you reach into your soul
And the sorrow that you know will melt away
And then a hero comes along
With the strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside
And you know you can survive
So when you feel like hope is gone
Look inside you and be strong
And you'll finally see the truth
That a hero lies in you
It's a long road
When you face the world alone
No one reaches out a hand
For you to hold
You can find love
If you search within yourself
And the emptiness you felt will disappear
Lord knows
Dreams are hard to follow
But don't let anyone tear them away
Hold on
There will be tomorrow
In time you'll find the way